Senior Commercial Executive
Desired Locations: Toronto, Canada; Perth, Australia; Singapore
What We Do
Skarn Associates is a data research company providing analysis on energy use, GHG emissions and water use across global supply chains within the mining industry. Covering around 3,000 assets and 600 companies, Skarn’s clients range from mining companies, project developers, fund managers, project financiers, royalty, and streaming companies, OEMS, financial institutions, industry bodies and governments. The analyst team is made up of mining industry specialists with deep sector knowledge and expertise. We are currently looking for determined people to help us grow.
Why We Do It
To be commercial leaders in quantifying and benchmarking asset level impacts throughout extractive industry supply chains - interpreting environmental, social and economic data to guide improved decisions that will significantly enhance the sustainability of the sector.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, this is a unique opportunity for a client focused business development professional to join an established company expanding its suite of products and associated consulting services. Successful candidates will contribute to building a long-term commercial strategy, accelerating the company’s revenue growth and developing product solutions that the market needs.
- Demonstrate strong communication and prospecting skills with personalised outreach, leveraging social media platforms such as LinkedIn
- Conduct effective outbound lead generation as well as qualify and develop inbound leads
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients by increasing client communication and engagement in your territory
- Take the initiative to achieve strong product knowledge, understanding the solutions we offer and develop the ability to articulate value based on client needs
- Cultivate a deep understanding of diverse client needs and provide feedback to the product development team in order to maintain our differentiation and market leadership
- Prepare and conduct sales meetings with multiple client types, presenting to a variety of end users including C-level executives
- Represent Skarn Associates at industry conferences and events, focusing on lead generation and client engagement
- Manage the complete sales cycle from prospecting to signed contract (with assistance from subject matter experts in client demonstrations)
- Leverage the CRM system to plan and execute lead generation, pipeline management and forecasting for both existing business renewals and new business opportunities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support strategic efforts in your region, including creating marketing materials and campaigns
- Prioritise competing responsibilities and objectives to optimise revenue growth
- Achieve personal monthly/quarterly/yearly sales and client retention objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven success in a commercial role
- Working knowledge of the mining industry
- Highly motivated, driven individual who can operate independently in a home office environment
- Capacity to thrive working in and contributing to a collaborative (remote) team
- Proven success communicating effectively and selling customer solutions to multiples layers (from C-suite to analyst) within a variety of client types
- Excellent track record of generating leads and meeting sales targets and expectations
- Highly coachable and eager to learn and develop new skills
- Genuine interest in environmental issues and a desire to contribute to the energy transition of the mining industry
- Creative thinking around sales and client retention strategy in a subscription based business
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; aptitude to discern the most effective communication method for each client
- Experience selling subscription-based data products as well as building custom solutions (consultancy), ideally to stakeholders within the mining industry
- Ability to diagnose and understand client data needs, then use this knowledge to provide the correct solution - data subscription, bespoke consultancy, or a combination
Ideal candidates would have:
- Experience designing and implementing bespoke customer solutions (consultancy)
- Strong understanding of the mining industry, GHG trends and energy transition topics
- Fluency in more than one language
- Become part of a fun-loving, motivated and purpose-driven team of international colleagues
- Pension/retirement contributions
- Health Insurance
- International travel (when business needs require)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Online and in-person team social activities
- Know your efforts are helping to decarbonise the mining industry and contribute to a more sustainable future for the sector
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Skarn Associates are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a service and following practices which are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. All employees are covered by this policy, and it applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, training, deployment, career development, and promotion.
Compensation will be a combination of a base salary and a variable component which will be tied to overall revenue growth of assigned territory and book of business (comprising new sales revenue and renewal+price increase revenue).
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and your interest in playing a role in decarbonising the mining sector to firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE FROM SKARN
Skarn Associates is the market leader in quantifying and benchmarking asset-level greenhouse gas emissions, energy intensity, and water use across the mining sector.